o Six times throughout the semester, each student will reflect in writing on the assigned course material. The aim of this assignment is
1) to enhance your engagement with and understanding of the course material and
2) improve your writing.
3) better prepare for discussion sections
o Entries are limited to one page, double-spaced Times New Roman Font, size 12 font
o These entries can take the form of 1) p ersonal reflection (PR) 2) interpretive/analytical engagement (IA). PR entries use course texts as a springboard, IA entries dive into course texts. Students must also indicate which kind of entry they are writing on the top of the page.
o A total of six entries is required.
▪ At least three must be a sustained interpretive/analytical engagement with a course reading assignment. Examples of interpretive/analytical engagement include analysis of a key term from a text, a comparison of two texts to one another around some specific issue, or a close reading of a particular passage. Mark these entries “I/A.”
▪ Examples of p ersonal reflection (max 3) entries include assessment of a conversation you had with someone, creative response to a news or media item, introspective intellectual or personal observation, etc clearly related to the course and the broader issues of religion in modern history. In all cases P/Rs should use course readings as springboard into your analysis. Be creative. Mark these entries “PR.”
o As you complete the entries, upload them to blackboard. Exactly three entries must be uploaded prior to final discussion section before the week of the midterm (October 13th). If you would like input on your progress, make an appointment to review one or more of the entries with the professor. Absent this appointment, your first feedback on these will be around the time of the midterm exam. On the day of the final exam review, all six entries must be uploaded to blackboard. No late portfolios will be accepted.
o Grading Criteria for Reading Reflection Assignment:
1) Form: Did student complete all assignments? Are assignments well-written? Do they witness to careful and deliberate preparation? Are dates and time spent on the entries clearly indicated? Are there proper citations to works discussed, summarized, or quoted? [Parenthetical citation is fine for course materials. For example, if this sentence quoted or referenced page 22 of James Baldwin’s, T he Fire Next Tim e, you would end the sentence like this (Baldwin 22). For other texts, use the Chicago Manual of Style (available online).]
2) Content: Do at least three entries fulfill I/A criteria (see above)? Does the student thoughtfully engage course materials and treat specific issues thoroughly, given the time constraint? Does the student show increasingly sophisticated integration of course material and an ability to think across our texts and themes?Has the student identified and tackled complex or subtle issues?
3) Creativity: How creative has the student been in the assignments? Does the student experiment with a variety of approaches? Has the student shown a willingness to challenge themselves and to experiment? Do the entries witness to a purposeful struggle with the texts? Is the student making compelling connections to non-course material?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.