*I WILL LEAVE A BIG TIP IF DONE CORRECTLY, I work and don’t have time to complete this assignment.* Objectives:
1. The student will demonstrate their understanding of the interaction between cultural,
political, physical, urban and economic geography (apply what you have learned).
2. The student will demonstrate their knowledge of creating a properly constructed map.
3. The student will demonstrate their ability to follow directions. Print them NOW!
Overview for Assignments 3 & 4:
Assignments 3 and 4 are directly related. One will be to create a description of a fictitious
country that you create and explain why this country is successful. The second is to create a
map that corresponds to your description.
Required Abstract or Outline of Assignment 3 – Due October 26
Start working on this assignment early for the best result. I will be happy to review your initial
ideas (BLOG). You do not need to wait for my response to proceed with the assignments
however I will respond in a timely fashion. Create at a minimum 3 page (and maximum 5 page) typed or word processed description of
the country which incorporates all of the bold geographic categories below and tell me why it
is successful. Create a description of your country while answering the following questions:
What is your country’s Political System?
▪ What is your country’s name?
▪ What is the capital city?
▪ What is the political structure?
• You can be the monarch and remember that dictatorships do not have to be brutal.
What is your country’s Physical Geography?
▪ Why did your people settle there?
▪ Are there any characteristics that provide benefits or detriments to your country?
What is your country’s Culture and Urban Geography?
▪ Describe the culture!
▪ This really is a function of every required category (and more).
▪ What do your people eat?
▪ You must have at least 2 cities. If you have more you must describe them.
▪ Why did your population centers get located where you put them?
What is the basis for the Economy?
▪ The economy must be based on at least 3 economic activities. Describe them.
▪ Include the appropriate infrastructure to support your economic activities. What makes your country work? The map will include features from the following bold categories:
Political Geography – Political boundaries-just a plain old border. It is not mandatory to include
neighboring countries or states. You must have a Capital city.
Physical Geography – Climate (including prevailing wind direction), the amount of precipitation,
mountains, rivers, lakes, seas, plains, plateaus and plate boundaries – you do not need ALL of
Culture & Urban Geography –It must have at least 2 cities (indicate their populations by your
map symbolization). A detailed urban design is not required for any city. Locate significant
Manufacturing facilities, agricultural lands, resources (forests, mines, oil & gas fields), and
infrastructure (Power plants, roads, pipelines, railroads, & ports) need to be thought through.
Create map features for agriculture and mining for specific resources. You should show corn and
wheat fields or whatever field you are growing not general agricultural areas. Use the same
approach for mining. Locate a copper mine or gold mine or whatever mined resource you are
producing. Be specific and do NOT place a symbol on the map that is just a mine because I will
not know what is mined there.
You must have at a minimum:
• 2 cities
• an economy based on 3 economic activities, you must develop the supporting infrastructure as
part of that industry. If one economic activity is forestry, you must have a forest and the
supporting infrastructure such as sawmills and power generation not to mention a way to
deliver these products to market by rail, road or water.
• part of your cultural and economic process must describe agriculture and the inhabitant’s diet
• the physical geography must have 6 features and additionally some climatic indicators
• infrastructure – supporting roads, railroads, ports, energy and power facilities etc.
Use your imagination, have some fun with this project. If you have numerous mines, do you
need to have mountains (Actually, you do not)? If your economy is based on aluminum
smelting, you will need to have a large electric generating capacity. Provide a description of
how the country’s culture, economy, physical geography and possibly even how the politics
complement each other. Use terms that you have encountered in the book to enhance your
Create your map with all of the components that a good map must have. Review the
chapters in the book and observe the maps regarding resources and their location. Use the
book’s introduction and the introductory powerpoint presentations to review why people have
settled in certain locations and review all of the components of a properly constructed
map. Use what you have learned in the class to create your own original Country and
One approach (certainly not the only):
Spend an hour reviewing the introductory powerpoint presentations, the introduction of the
book and resource maps in the textbook. Start with a sketch of the country you are
creating. Keep adding features until you feel confident that this has the form that represents
the political, physical, cultural and economic characteristics that you need.
Review your Country and concept then think about whether the document conveys the idea
you want. Add additional features that are needed to fill-in any holes that will make your ideas
more complete. Once you have completed your map, the entire concept for the project is
complete, in a very real sense. The map you submit will be evaluated/graded based on the following:
• Does the map have all of the components that a good map should have (the grid and
source are optional)?
• Does the map have understandable feature symbolization (feature color selection, size
and designated symbol)?
• Does the map have features from all of the bold categories and real specific
• Is the map neat and readable when printed?
Do NOT put a feature on the map that does not have a corresponding description.
Do not feel compelled to create your map with a software program. A nice manually drawn
map is great!
Do not feel compelled to create the most complicated project you can think of! Make sure you
meet all of the project requirements however simple can be a good thing.
Do not compare your country to ANY other. Describe what it is not what it is like! By
comparing it to somewhere else, you need to first describe the somewhere else so I know
what your characteristics are!
Keep a copy of your word processed country description and take a picture of your map. You will perform well on this assignment:
• by following the directions
• when you review the material from the course that these assignments require
• use TERMS, ideas and concepts you have learned in this course
• by paying attention to detail – print then read these directions a number of times
• by being logical, (this project is not difficult but it needs to be well thought through)
• by proofreading thoroughly, (have someone else proofread in addition to yourself)
• by submitting the project on-time, the due date for both assignments is November 16
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.