Your answers to the questions should be 1-2 sentences long.
Follow this link: https://oup-arc.com/access/content/sensation-and-perception-5e-student-resources/sensation-and-perception-5e-activity-1-1?previousFilter=tag_chapter-01
Complete the Sensation & Perception 5e Web Activity 1.1 – Psychophysics.
1. Read all of the parts of the activity and run at least 30 trials. Record your correct rejection rate and the hit rates for 3° and 1° misalignments. Include these data points in your response thread.
2. Once you complete at least 30 trials, draw the signal and noise distributions for trials with 3° and 1° misalignment (you should have 2 separate distributions: one with noise and 3° misalignment signal and the other with noise and 1° misalignment signal). Even if you did not get many 1° trials (you can always do more!), you still will have an idea of the differences in the number of hits between 3° and 1° trials. This should inform your decision about the overlap between the signal and the noise distributions, and the criterion position for 3° and 1° trials.
3. Take a high-resolution well-lit picture of your drawing (make sure the drawings fit on one page; are clear and neat) and attach it to your answer. On the drawings, please, indicate the area of HITS, FALSE ALARMS, CORRECT REJECTIONS and MISSES. Use different colors to color those in. Do not forget to include the data points from your trials.
4. Answer, what conclusions you can draw about your ability to discriminate noise from signal, given the differences in the alignment of the lines?
Complete the Sensation & Perception 5e Web Activity 1.4 – Neurons – https://oup-arc.com/access/content/sensation-and-perception-5e-student-resources/sensation-and-perception-5e-activity-1-4?previousFilter=tag_chapter-01
Read all of its parts carefully for understanding. If this information is not enough, refer to the textbook or YouTube videos on neuronal signal transduction (for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZG8M_ldA1M&t=216s )
Post your answers to the following questions (please, number each of your answers with the same number as the question you are answering):
1. What makes the flow of an electrical current though a neuron possible?
2. What is an action potential?
3. What is the resting firing rate?
4. Why will the firing rate of a neuron increase if you tap a finger on a desk?
5. Why will the firing rate of a neuron increase even more if you tap it harder?
6. How do action potentials change in response to an increase in the strength of a stimulus? Do they increase in an amplitude?
7. What is the difference between excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.