Was given this feedback from the professor regarding edits to this paper
Thank you for your submission. Here are a few tips to help improve your paper prior to final submission:
• Ensure you provided a brief introduction to your assigned company (e.g. what is its business, in what market is it, how long has it been in business, key products, markets, distribution, etc.) and the industry (key competitors, market size, etc.). There should be a financial assessment to provide a baseline for comparing the rivalry of existing competitors and providing context for how the industry competes.
• Ensure you applied each of Porter’s five forces to your assigned company, indicating the threat level (e.g. high, moderate or low) and why you have made this assessment using your research as support. You should have included, at least two, of the criteria for each of the five forces to establish the strength (e.g. high, moderate, or low). Chapter 3 ebook readings identify many factors for each force that contributes to the competitive level in the industry and/or strength of any of the five forces. I could not see that the instructions were followed.
• For example, for threat of substitutes: Some factors determining whether the competitive pressures from substitute products are strong (high), moderate (medium), or weak (low) are:
o Whether substitutes are readily available and attractively priced.
o Whether buyers view the substitutes are comparable or better in terms of quality, performance, and other relevant attributes. Strong competition from providers of good-performing substitutes pressures industry participants to incorporate new features and attributes that make their product offering more competitive and attractive to buyers.
o Where the costs that buyer incur in switching to the substitutes are low or high.
o Whether the sales of substitutes are growing faster than the sales of the industry being analyzed
o Whether the producers of substitutes are investing in added capacity and market coverage
o Whether the producers of substitutes are earning progressively higher profits
Based on what is relevant for your company and its industry, provide the threat level, discuss why you feel it is as such based on the readings and provide referenced support. Do not just provide the definitions.
• Within your assessment of each of the five forces do not make recommendations for addressing the five forces; only provide your assessment of the forces.
• Do NOT make recommendations for addressing the force. There will be an opportunity to make conclusions and make a recommendation regarding the company’s strategic direction at the end of the paper.
• Your analysis should inform the reader of those aspects of the business and its industry relevant to each of the five forces. For example, if sales figures are needed to establish the company’s position in their industry, use that information in the industry competitors (rivalry) force.
• Minimum of four (4) pages, to maximum (5) five pages (not including Porter Model illustration, title page, or reference page and any additional appendices).
• The 4 to 5 page limit refers to your analysis. The page limit does not include the reference page, the 5-forces diagram, nor a title page. You can prepare any supporting analysis that can be shown in an appendix page. So, you should have 4 to 5 full pages available for your written analysis.
• The 1-page graphic model should be prepared after you complete your paper. It is a visual model that is a concise representation of your analysis. It does not have to be fancy. Provide a bulleted synopsis of your assessment for each of the five forces. The bulleted attributes should be specific to your company not merely generic attributes from Porter’s paper. It does have to be clear and represent your analysis. Label each force (i.e. high, moderate, low, etc.) based on your analysis. Insert two key bullet points related to each force into the five boxes in the model.
• The conclusion section could have been stronger by including the evaluation of the collective strength of the five forces and your recommendations. Please re-read the section on “collective strength” in chapter 3 of your eBook.
Assigned business is Kraft, Heinz Co. KHC.
Porter Paper rubric/criteria
Here is the criteria and rubric for the Porter analysis paper. Students should review the criteria and use to evaluate their paper prior to submission.
Content of the paper
Analysis is concise, detailed, thorough; accounts for all five forces.
Each Porter force is discussed and applied to the assigned company and industry
Each force rating (e.g. high, moderate, or low) identified for each five forces category
Includes a minimum of two five forces characteristics applied and explained for each of the five forces
Introduction and Conclusion
Introduction: Clear and concise. 1 page maximum to include company and industry information
Conclusion: summarizes key points of paper and provides an evaluation of the company’s five forces strengths in relation to the industry as a whole.
Research sources are thorough and appropriate for business analysis; .
Note: Porter paper, textbook, and firm website references must be in addition to 6 required research sources.
Note: 6 pts for including each of the required source; up to an additional 6 pts for the quality of your source. Please consult w/ instructor if questions regarding the quality of sources
Five Forces graphic
Prepares five forces graphic that clearly ties in with analysis
graphic is specific to and presents highlights of key aspects of student’s analysis
Ratings (e.g. high, moderate or low) identified for each Five Forces category
At least two reasons for the student’s rating in each category
The graphic should be able to stand alone as a summary of your findings
Business style writing
Structure the paper in a readable and professional style, with section headings, including each of the Porter five forces applied to your assigned company
Business style writing – writing is concise, clear, master’s-level, APA format, e.g. would be comfortable submitting the paper to senior-level leadership.
Flawless spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure. 10 pts
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.