This is a lab report concerning a laboratory experiment I did. The experiment was a Multi Gravity Separation (MGS Flotation) of a sample Niobium ore received from a mine in Canada, Niobec mine. Basically we received 40kg of Niobium ore to separate through flotation technic “Multi Gravity Separation”. After conducting successfully the experiment and obtained results from the laboratory we have to write a report about those results. The procedure of the experiment followed the same as any MGSeparation described in the documents I have attached. The results should be analyzed and conclusions must be taken. I have attached several literature reviews on the same experiment so that you can have a clear idea and guide for the lab report.
– 40kg of Niobec Ore was received to be analyzed (See picture)
– The 40kg sample feed (T1) was first regrinded to a suitable size to obtain a uniform grain size
– The second step was to separate the 40kg sample through Multi Gravitation Separation FLotation technic in order to obtain the valuable mineral in concentrate 1, the second valuable mineral in concentrate 2 and the undesired or gangue mineral in the final tailings. This has been done successfully in 2 steps (see pictures). In the first first separation stage, we obtained the first valuable mineral that we called concentrate 1 (T2), the rest from this separation was considered as tailings and was separated for the second time and we obtained the second valuable mineral concentrate 2 (T3). The rest of concentrate 2 was then considered as undesired mineral or gangue mineral called tailings (T4).
– Each of these minerals, valuable mineral Concentrate 1, 2 and the undesired mineral tailings obtained were sent to another lab for further analyze of the result of this separation. Before doing that, we had to make 5 samples (small bags) of each concentrate 1 (T2) concentrate 2 (T3) a tailings (T3) and then send them to the second lab. To ensure that concentrate 1, 2 and final tailings are consistent (minerals successfully separated into 3) and that each of them is made of the same mineral, we had calculated the density of each of them. This process was repeated 5 times for each to make sure our results are consistent in terms of density. We found that the separation was successful since each Concentrate 1, 2 and tailings have gave individually a consistent density after the 5 repeats (see table attached).
– The separated samples was then sent to another laboratory and the result was received as a table with the XRF data for the samples sent away (please see table attached).
The job here is to write a lab report about this experiment. The level of this experiment is PHD level in Mineral processing and for this case in Niobium ore separation (Ore coming from a real mine, Niobec Mine in Canada).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.