Ecological Literacy Unit Plan (for 2-3 weeks of teaching)
Create one document with the following elements; include any images you would like.
1. Title Page Create a title that suggests the direction and drift of your unit. Include your name.
2. Environmental and Disciplinary Context Write a brief narrative that describes a specific environmental issue, problem, or dilemma that your unit will address. With reference to the concept of “disciplinary literacy,” describe how the skills, knowledges, and/or dispositions (i.e., habits of mind) of your discipline can help address it. Also include a direct citation from either Freire or Orr (or both!). ~250 words
3. Student Context Describe the cultural and geographical context of your chosen school and community and indicate why this matters. Describe the course, level, and background of the students. Describe where in your course this unit might appear. ~200 words
4. Unit Plan Narrative Write a narrative that describes your unit plan in your discipline (teachable) of choice. Use the outline of headings below (which I’ve adapted from the Faculty of Education Unit Plan Template). ~500 words
A. Big Environmental Ideas. What are the big ideas about the environment that are important for students to learn in exploring your environmental issue or problem?
B. Big Disciplinary Ideas. What are the big ideas in your discipline that are important for students to learn in your unit?
C. Activities and Experiences. What specific learning activities will occupy the greater part of the unit?
C. Curricular Connections. What are some overall and specific expectations from the Ontario Curriculum Guidelines that your unit will address? (reference these from the appropriate documents in your teachable). How will you adapt and/or address them?
D. Cross-Curricular Connections. In what specific ways does your unit connect with other content areas or disciplines?
E. Outdoor Learning. How will your unit encourage direct, embodied experience outdoors in the environment, either within our outside of class time?
F. Success Criteria. How will students demonstrate what they learn?
G. Assessment. What form of assessment will best serve your students’ learning in this unit?
3. Annotated Bibliography Using the search tools from our library here, find three journal articles or book chapters that explore the intersection of your discipline and environmental education. Education Source, Eric (via Proquest), and Google Scholar are my favourite search tools. The articles you select need to be helpful to you in conceiving your unit plan. In other words, they need to be in some way related to the curriculum you are creating. For each entry, include a complete citation in APA style, followed by a ~200 word description of the article and why it was helpful in thinking through your unit. Use your own words, but include at least one direct citation per source. 600 words maximum for all three sources combined.
General Assessment Rubric
· Completeness and depth of your responses
· Connection to readings and course themes
· Clarity of your written expression
· Creativity of unit and potential for student engagement
PS：MY disciplines (teachable) are MATHEMATICS and GENERAL SCIENCE.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.