· This paper is on Eating Disorders as a subculture.
o It is not likely that you will be able to find a unique ethnicity at hospital.
· it is important to label each section as you are writing it. (see below)
o Not only is your ultimate score reflected by the elements identified in the rubric, but it will help your reader and you as the writer to stay on track.
o Use the headings as listed below. They align with the rubric.
· Please be sure to include references wherever you are taking information from a source.
· Please use APA formatting throughout the entire paper.
o 12 font
o Double spaced.
o Pages numbered
o Use a running head
o Check your grammar, spelling, and usage.
· You don’t need an abstract.
· Save as a word.doc and send in an email to me as an attachment.
Title of paper
Reason for Admission
Patient Identifiers and Presenting Symptoms
Cultural View Eating Disorders/Mental Illness
Summary of Mental Status Exam
Priority Focus for Patient
Plan of Care
Current psychiatric diagnosis : Anorexia nervosa-restrictive type
Others: Major depressive disorder unspecified, Generalized Anxiety disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and personality disorder.
Patient name: KB
Marital status :Single
Presenting problem. Admitted to the hospital because she started restricting after observing that her landlady was abusing her boyfriend(landlady’s boyfriend) and also noticing her migraine medication is making her to gain weight.
No binging ,no purging, but report low motivation for eating disorder treatment.
Patient has history of PSTD( abusive relationship), Substance abuse, alcohol abuse.
Previous psychiatric treatment before admitting.
TH hospital December2009 and she stayed 2 days: Reason suicidal ideation
Rivers hospital 2010 and stayed 4 days: Reason suicidal ideation
Ings mental health facility
Mountain eating disorder , August 19th 2019
View mental health stayed 8months
Place eating disorder stayed 8months.
Family history. Mom : major depressive disorder
DAD: Deceased 1yr ago from overdose on fentaly and alcohol.
Current medication: Gabapetin, topiramate, prazosin……..
Discharge planning to rent a home and get back to her work.
Culture Grading Rubric and Paper Guidelines (attach Rubric to paper)
Tips for writing a GREAT Cultural Paper:
1. Use the highlighted headings to organize and focus each section of your paper.
2. Use many references.
3. In the Summary of how your patient’s culture views mental illness, be detailed. Include strange/different practices, beliefs, herbal medications used, unusual practitioners, cultural stereotyping, statistics of the number of mentally ill in this culture, etc.
4. In your Plan of Care (the most important section as indicated by points available) list resources with phone numbers, addresses, contact information. Include details as to the things you are going to do for your patient to keep them out of the hospital. Remember to begin with the end in mind.
5. This is a great learning experience for you. When you learn something new, teach us something new. The best papers are always the ones that expose us to new knowledge and information.
Attending to Cultural Needs of a Patient Nursing Care Paper
Reason for admission:
Patient identifiers (age, sex, race, legal status, etc.)
Summary of how the patient’s culture views mental illness/disorder (include references)
Summary of Mental Status Exam
Priority Focus for Patient
Plan of Care (taking into account patient’s cultural needs)
Reference Page, APA Format, Grammar
Nursing History Tool and Cultural Assessment
1. With what ethnic or racial groups do you identify?
2. What is your country of origin, and where have you lived?
3. What are reasons for the moves and relocations, and how have you experienced them?
4. What rituals and customs do you practice? Which of these do you observe while in the mental health setting?
5. What prohibitions are present that stem from your cultural or religious beliefs?
6. What restrictions regarding activities of daily living and communication patterns result from your cultural and religious values and sanctions?
7. To what extent are you cultural?
8. In what ways have you acculturated to the dominant white culture? In what ways not?
9. What language(s) do you speak, read, write? To what degree of fluency?
10. If bi-lingual or multilingual, in what language do you primarily think?
11. What important characteristics of your language(s) and ways of communicating affect the interview process and nurse-client interactions?
12. What is your explanatory system for illness in general, and for emotional or mental illness in particular?
13. What are the appropriate roles and behaviors of your family members and significant others regarding your recovery?
14. What meaning does hospitalization or involvement in the mental health system have to you?
15. How does your religion relate to your beliefs about illness and treatment practices?
16. What religious or cultural influences are there on kinds of food permitted or preferred on how food is prepared, and on how and when it is eaten?
17. How does your ethnic, racial, and cultural identity relate to your self-view and self-esteem?
18. What is your cultural patterning in response to stress and hospitalization?
19. What racial or anatomical features do you have that affect physical assessment and care and how you view yourself?
20. What physiologic characteristics do you have that relate to your cultural, ethnic, or racial heritage?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.