1. In this chapter, there is discussion of tensions between real and ideal culture in attitudes and practices linked to conventional attractiveness and honesty. Provide 2 other examples of where ideal and real cultures collide.
2. What is cultural capital? According to Bourdieu, what is the significance of cultural capital in society? How does one acquire cultural capital and does it have any connection to the progression of social class?
3. What role, if any, does the way people react to you play in the development of your personality and self image? How can these reactions of others influence what skills you develop?
4. Define the agents of socialization and which are the most important according to sociologists. In your opinion, which one of these agents have the most profound impact on the construction of our social self?
5. What are the characteristics of total institutions such as prisons and hospitals? How does the socialization in a total institution contrast from “common” socialization?
1. Cover all key elements of each essay question
2. Give enough information about the topic
3. apply the chapter concepts and theories to real-life situations
4. Seek out additional resources to gain a better insight of the topic
5. Bring in examples and experiences to illustrate the point
6. Cite at least two references per essay question
7. Acceptable length: write a minimum of 600 words per essay question
Use one-inch margins
Use 1 12-point Times New Roman font
Use double-line spacing in the document
Cite all sources in APA (American Psychological Association)
APA (American Psychological Association) Format
Make sure that your reference page is in the same document as your assignment. Your in-text citations are in the last name and year format or shortened website name, such as (Baylor, 2014) or (YouTube, 2017). Your reference page citation, for example, looks like this:
Baylor, T. (2014). Introduction to Sociology: A Collaborative Approach. (4th Ed). Ashbury Publishing LLC
For any questions regarding APA, please look at the APA Guidelines and Examples of in-text citations and references page citations that I will post in Unit 1
the assignment focuses on values, norms, and taboos. Students are expected to explain components of culture analyze how sociologists theorize the relationship between social class and culture. Students are expected to understand the origin of the social self, the socialization in the development of the self, and the processes of social interaction from a sociological perspective. Apply functionalist and conflict perspectives to the concept of global culture
equired to use Microsoft Word and save the completed assignment as Word document with a filename that includes the assignment title, your first initial and last name.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.