You will analyse the book’s content & present an account of its key arguments as well as an assessment of its reception and/or the academic engagement it has prompted.
– Read your chosen book through once without taking notes to get a clear idea of what its argument is. Then make notes based on the themes you have identified as being part of its overall analysis. This will allow you to write an account of the books central theme(s) mostly in your own words.
– Using Google Scholar you now need to track down authors/analysts who have either utilised the book’s arguments, or criticised its analysis (or more likely both) to establish the ‘reception’ of the book. This can be both within the academic literature, and depending on your choice, within the wider policy community (via newspaper coverage in the Financial Times, for instance).
– The final section of the Critical Book Review is your evaluation of the relationship between the original book and those that have commented on it; this may also include some consideration of the book’s wider impact.
Please do not:
· Have separate sections for the discussion of the book and the sources related to it
· Have lots of long quotes linked by short passages of your own words.
· Forget to reference the original book.
· Argue do not assert – show don’t tell
· Detail is good – depth rather than breadth – a clear focus
· Narrative arc – beginning, middle and end
· Section titles can help structure (but are not required)
· Authors/analysts – not general positions
· Clarity of exposition = clarity of thought
· Define neologisms and jargon – use sparingly and only if necessary
· Acronyms – define on first use
· Use range of literature: do not limit to readings we have done in seminars/lectures. Marks may be deducted for lack of demonstration of research skills
· Referencing – level and method – Harvard vs. footnote – key issues: clarity and consistency
· Using web sources – clear web URL (access date) – too much info better than not enough
· Plagiarism and Turn-it-in
· No right length – treat word guide as target, but length must be ‘right’ for analysis presented (within reason & regulations, ish)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.