Review the case study, it is presented in sections, each of the scenario sections is followed by a series of questions. You will answer each question based on evidence you have read in the current literature, the CDC and WHO websites and or other supporting literature. When developing the paper, the questions can be used as headings, to help with organization of the information. The paper must flow and it not just answers to questions. You are expected to submit a word document, using APA formatting, citations and a complete 7 reference page. The case study is due week six and is worth 30% of your final grade.
Specific objectives of the TTX
1. Review the operation management process for a suspected case of covid-19.
2. Confirm arrangements for notification, coordination and internal communications before and after the confirmation of a covid-19 cases.
3. Confirm procedures related to the management of a suspected cases before and after laboratory confirmation.
4. Review plans to clarify lines of accountability (roles & responsibilities) and communication to enable a timely, well-coordinated and effective response.
5. Review the requirements of public health laboratories and funding.
6. Review risk and media communications plans.
• A man is brought into Blueberry primary health care facility I Winterberry by his family with a high fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
• He lives in winterberry and has just returned home from a business trip to China. Based on his symptoms and his recent travel history, the man (58 years old) is suspected of having COVID-19.
Questions for discussion
1. Who should be informed, when and how?
2. What plans, procedures and resources would you activate at this point?
3. Does the patient need to be transferred to another hospital if so, where to and how?
4. What infection prevention and control measures would you put in place for the patient?
• The man apparently only developed symptoms 2 days after his return from meetings n Chine. He did not have any local travel companions on his business trip which included time in Beijing and shanghai. His return flight home was routed via a regional hub, where he spent 6 hours in the transit longue and upon arrival he did not have a fever.
• Total contacts identified since the symptoms are 15 including the examining doctor and nurses, whom initially admitted to him at the hospital, his immediate family and some local office colleagues.
5. How will you confirm whether the patient has COVID-19 of influenza?
6. Who needs to be informed of the results?
• The lab report confirms a positive test for COVID-19 for the man. The man’s condition worsens and is critical. Six of the contacts are being monitored, including the man’s wife and three nurses and a doctor have also tested positive for COVID-19.
• In addition, 3 separate clusters of a total of 63 lab confirmed cases have been admitted in healthcare facilities.
• Domestic transmission is evident. The public is nervous and the media is looking for a statement and to comment on rumors of multiple confirmed cases within the country.
7. What actions would be triggered by this new event information?
8. How will this news impact the family caregivers? Connect examples to the literature regarding the challenges for caregivers.
9. Explore the concept of uncertainty for both patients/family and nurses/medical practitioners during this pandemic.
10. In what ways did families and or/facilities facilitate psychosocial adjustment during the COVID-19 pandemic? Give examples from current news article
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.