Textbook: Invitation to the Lifespan, 4th Edition, Berger
. Unless I indicate otherwise, each answer to an assignment question should contain at least 125 words, if not more.
Chapters 5 and 6 Summer Assignment Block
1. 1. Mary is the mother of 3-year-old Hailey. Hailey tends to have a varied appetite, eating more on some days than others. She is also about eight pounds overweight. Mary frequently worries about Hailey’s eating habits and urges her to clean her plate at every meal, offering snacks as rewards for eating. Explain why Mary’s approach is problematic.
2. 2. What barriers to logic exist at the preoperational stage? Describe them, and provide original examples of how they affect children’s thinking.
3. 3. Francesca is frustrated trying to learn to tie her shoelaces. According to Vygotsky, should the parents get involved, or should they let her try to master this task on her own? If they decide to get involved, what should her parents do?
4. 4. Intensive early childhood programs have been implemented in the United States, resulting in long-term benefits. Explain the justification for starting such a program, giving examples of ways in which specific groups have benefited from early intervention.
1. 1. What is the nature perspective on how people develop morals? What is the nurture perspective? Give some specific examples not found in your textbook.
2. 2. How could one intervene at each level of prevention to address child maltreatment? Provide an example of each and discuss the benefits and difficulties that one might encounter in the implementation of these interventions.
3. 3. How would a parent using each parenting style described by Baumrind deal with a child who was “talking back” and being disobedient to her teacher?
4. 4. On pages 222-223 in your textbook, there is a discussion of whether or not it is ever OK to spank a child. Did your parent(s)/caregiver ever spank? If possible, ask a parent/caregiver why they did or did not spank. Looking back, if you were spanked, do you think it was harmful? Do you think it’s OK to use physical punishment? If so, why or why not? **No judgements for honesty**
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.