This assignment is both creative and research based. Here it is: Langara is hosting a 1-week NUTRITION AWARENESS CAMPAIGN. Your team has been asked to increase the health and well-being of the student population by launching a nutrition campaign related to one specific topic. Your team will select topic, research and review the evidence-based science connected to this topic, summarize findings and formulate 2 well-planned activities/strategies to launch during the campaign.
By the end of this assignment students will be able to:
· Conduct research, find, select, use and combine evidence-based nutrition information from a range of sources
· Create a plan aimed at Langara students to disseminate nutritional health information via a nutrition awareness campaign
· Deliver a campaign, using a minimum of 2 different strategies/activities to reach your audience and share your user-friendly (yet evidence-based) nutrition priorities with the rest of the students via a nutrition campaign
TOPICS AVAILABLE FOR THIS AWARENESS CAMPAIGN:
· Food Security and Your Health
· Prevention of Disordered Eating
· Healthy at Every Size
· Healthy Heart
· Mindful Eating
· Highly Processed Foods
· Alcohol and Your Health
Other topics may be permitted yet need to be approved, in writing, by your instructor – or the penalty will be a grade of zero.
How to PROCEED
1. Find your work partners/group members [3-4 students per group] and declare your group by October 29th, at 11:59 pm – after this date, undeclared students will be placed in a group by the instructor. (instructions on how to register for your group are mentioned at the top of this document)
2. Decide how your group will communicate, dates and times of meetings, target deadlines and distribution of tasks. Sharing a google document is one method to ensure all members have access to the group work. There are many ways to collaborate, make certain all are aware on the mode of communication and all are on board to do their share.
3. Commit to a topic.
4. RESEARCH. Locate your information sources. Read background information. Locate and analyze relevant, evidence-based information. Use your textbook and additional reliable sources (peer-reviewed scientific articles, scholarly presentations).
As students of Langara, you also have access to nutrition related scholarly articles via the PEN: Practice-based Evidence in Nutrition (PEN) database:
Here’s how you would reference articles from PEN https://www.pennutrition.com/faq.aspx#referencing
Other reliable websites you may wish to utilize (many others exist):
· Health Canada
· Dietitians of Canada
· Healthlink BC
· American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
· Hearth and Stroke Foundation
· Health Canada Public Health Agency
Keep a list of all your sources/citations and references as you will need to include it as part of your planning sheet and your final submission. All references must be included.
Stay away from using information from personal blogs. This assignment is based on evidence-based science. Be sure to provide your references in proper APA format and using in-text citations.
Seek help from Langara library if you are unsure of reliable sources https://langara.ca/library/research-help/index.html. You might want to consider completing the online library tutorial: Can I Use This?
Critically Evaluating Sources at https://langara.ca/library/research-help/evaluate-your-sources.html that has been specifically developed for Langara College students to teach basic skills of evaluating sources when conducting library research.
5. Next, summarize the research and identify the 3 main messages – plus an additional 6 supporting sub-messages. Why? To help streamline your delivery, making it consistent, focused and targeted to what is true given the research you conducted.
6. Develop and share 2 concrete strategies/activities as part of your awareness campaign. You will develop these 2 activities as part of your assignment submission. What will you do? Here are some examples:
o Webpage or link on Langara’s website – develop the page
o Instagram, FB, or twitter feeds or and other social media ads – develop the feeds, postings
o Creation of an infographic poster – develop the poster
o Interactive display tent – develop the idea, what will happen in this this activity – be specific
· Other strategies welcome – your goal is to reach students and share your knowledge
· Next, fully develop these 2 activities/strategies – for example, say you decided to (1) create a webpage on Langara’s website and (2) create a 7-day twitter feed – your job is to do the work – submit these fully executed – as though you were launching them at Langara
· NOTE: Given that this is a nutrition awareness campaign – keep focused on nutrition specific topics – although exercise may be indicated (for example in healthy heart) you are to stay focused on nutrition related topics only – given that this is a nutrition course – a grade of zero will be awarded if your campaign is includes exercise
7. Your assignment will include:
a. Introduction – what is your topic – why did you select it – why is it important to students
b. Background information (research) – what is the researching showing, what are some current best practices
c. 3 key messages – big ideas – main information Langara students need to know – we can’t teach them everything, yet it is imperative that we are clear on the key messages
d. 6 supporting messages – this information ties into the 3 key messages and supports this information (for example, say my topic was GET TO KNOW CFG – a key message is make half your plate fruits and vegetables – supporting message examples: differences between canned/fresh/frozen fruits and vegetables, highly processed vs minimally processed vegetables,
e. Develop 2 concrete activities/strategies to be used during the 7-day Awareness Campaign – fully executed as if they were going to be released at Langara – tell me what you will be doing, how you will do it, where, how, steps, what exactly will you be doing – what will it look like – show me and tell me – develop them as if you were to launch them at Langara and submit them with this assignment (note this is the bulk of your work)
f. ALl your references in APA format
g. One PPT submission per group in Assignment 2 submission folder – any supporting documents may also be added to the submission folder yet ensure you make reference to it in the main PPT so your instructor is aware that there is additional content for her review.
The following set of criteria will be used to grade your NUTRITION AWARENESS CAMPAIGN assignment, which accounts for 15% of your final grade (grading rubric will be available for your review):
· Topic introduction: 4 points
· Background information: 6 points
· 3 Key messages: 9 points
· 6 Supporting messages: 6 points
· Executed concrete plan 1: 10 points
· Executed concrete plan 2: 10 points
· Organization/Layout: 10 points
· References: 5 points
· Total: 60 POINTS
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.