Assignment Week 11-13 Data Analysis Assignment
Instruction: I Will email the audio filetranscription of your interview and data analysis paper. For this assignment, you need to do only one verbatim transcription.
1.Verbatim transcription of your interview
2.Coding and categorizing of the data.
For this assignment, please complete and submit a transcription of your interview and data analysis paper.
This is the link to transcribe https://www.nch.com.au/scribe/
Please remember that this is practice. It means that I am not expecting perfect work. The point of this assignment is for you to experience transcribing and content analysis of the data. For this assignment, please complete and submit a transcription of your interview and data analysis paper.
1. Verbatim transcription of your interview
• Examples of verbatim and an edited transcription will be e-mailed to you soon and posted in the course readings for week 12 as soon as possible.
• For this assignment, you need to do only one verbatim transcription. Please make sure that the interview you decide to transcribe has rich information which will allow you to do data analysis. If you think that transcription of one interview will not provide thick enough data for you to analyze, please conduct a transcription of both interviews.
• Submit the transcript(s).
2. Coding and categorizing of the data.
• Please read carefully the article by Braun and Clarke as the authors explain how to code and categorize the data step by step, also please utilize this week’s class discussion.
• All you are expected to do for this coding is: Code your raw data: developing some manageable coding schemes. Please provide a short example (quotes from the transcription) for the code. Come up with themes from the codes: be mindful of internal homogeneity and external heterogeneity. If it is applicable, please provide which codes are housed under which theme as well as a short example. Some codes may become themes. The instruction above describes two discrete steps, since usually people end up with so many codes and these codes need to be organized into larger themes in order to understand what your data is describing.
• For the data analysis paper, please write down the process of how went about the analysis, themes you have found from the interview, and codes and quotes to support each theme.
Theme 1: affects that followed experiencing and witnessing of injustice.
The life story interviews show participants’ exploration and expression of long-lasting and haunting effects of injustice.
Codes: I coded various kinds of reactions to the unjust experiences (beyond emotion) under the code ‘affect’ to emphasize and articulate nuanced and complicated reactions and responses to the unjust experiences. Also, affect is framed beyond emotion emphasizing affects that are deeply connected and emerging from an ableistic society.
a. “I strongly felt that the way they (Native Americans) are treated is wrong. I was very disturbed by that, very sad at first, then very angry.”
b. “It always made me extremely sad to see how my dad treated my mom. He got treated badly by others because of racism and stuff, and, you know, I don’t know why he treated mom so badly. It just saddened me so bad. It still does”
a. “why am I the only Black person in the summer camp for disabled kids?”
b. “I always wondered why there are no other lesbians in the room? It just weird, doesn’t make sense!”
3. Desires to validate one’s self-worth
a. “in order to survive having so many oppressive messages kind of written and scribed across our bodies, we either have to kind of cannibalize ourselves, eat and hate ourselves, or we have to resist.”
4. Yearning for one’s own community and people.
a. At the time, I was hungry to have some kind of people with disabilities; at sports and summer camp … [Other people with disabilities] thought how other people will judge them, if they hang out with people with disabilities. For me it was opposite. I get so down when I see other Black people with disabilities. When we cross each other, they put their faces down and try not to look at me. They are beaten down so much (by ableism), they even don’t wanna recognize other disabled people (Jeremiah).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.